BOTULAX is a peripheral muscle relaxant that contains purified botulinum toxin type A (in combination with hemagglutinin) and sodium chloride (excipient). The mechanism of action of the product is based on the ability of botulinum toxin type A to block the transmission of nerve impulses. Intramuscular administration of the toxin disrupts the synthesis of acetylcholine (a neurotransmitter that provides neuromuscular conduction) and leads to temporary paralysis of facial muscles. Reduced facial expression helps to relax the face and smooth wrinkles.
Indications for use:
- facial wrinkles in the forehead, interbrow and nasolabial triangle;
- blepharospasm (involuntary contraction of the circular muscle of the eye);
- horizontal and vertical wrinkles of the neck;
- correction of the contour of the lips (botulinum toxin injections can make the lips bend smoother).
The advantages of the product:
- Low risk of side effects
- Quick effect (decrease in the activity of facial muscles begins three hours after the injection).
- The high standards of production quality of the Korean pharmaceutical concern HUGEL Inc.
- Worldwide recognition of the product
- Excellent patient tolerance
- Selective corrective action that determines the preservation of the naturalness of facial expressions against the background of complete correction of facial wrinkles
- Sustained therapeutic effect, lasting over time
|Storage instruction||Keep sealed and store at 2~8°C|
|Expiry date||36 months from date of manufacture|
|Packing unit||1 vial|
|Division||POM (prescription-only medicine)|
|Appearance||A white injectable dry powder in a transparent glass vial which should become a colorless, transparent liquid when reconstituted with a solvent (normal saline solution)|
|Efficacy / effect||1. The Treatment of Positive Essential Eyelid Convulsion in Adults aged 18 and over
2. Temporary Improvement of Severe Lasso wrinkles in Adults aged 18 to 65 years of age, associated with Corrugator Muscle and/or Procerus Muscle activities
3. Muscle Stroke : Treatment of Upper Limb Stroke in Adults aged 20 or older
4. Treatment of Dynamic Equinus Foot Deformity in children with cerebral palsy over 2 years old. Temporary Improvement of External Angles (Eye Wrinkles) of Secondary Ideals Related to Orbicularis Oculi Muscle Activity in Adults aged 19 to 65